An electronic on-board recorder (EOBR) is an electronic device attached to a commercial motor vehicle, which records the amount of time a vehicle is being driven. This is similar to the tachograph, and is the American equivalent of the digital tachograph used in Europe.
- Logs are always current when stopped for a roadside inspection. Helps to eliminate
the most common violation(s) in the Fatigue driving Basic and helps to reduce our
- No more paper log submissions. The log data is automatically submitted to Landstar
daily, eliminating the inconvenience of manual paper processes.
- You don’t have to complete paper DVIRs. You can complete DVIRs electronically
using the EOBR.
- Unit alerts you when you are nearing the Hours of Service driving limits and helps
you stay in compliance.
- Reduces the need for manual status updates. Customers, agents and employees have
access to the location updates based on information transmitted by the EOBR.
- Law enforcement focuses less on logs during roadside inspections.
- Increased log accuracy
- Form & manner violations are virtually eliminated
- EOBRs are present & current
- Real time duty status helps reduce violations
Nothing is more important than operating safely and in compliance at Landstar!
For more information, please contact: