CMV drivers may be challenged with finding affordable, healthy meals while on the road. By pre-planning and making smart choices, you can still eat healthy on the road. Here are some tips to help you while on the road.
Take extra steps to ensure you are ready to enter a shipper’s facility. Check with the booking agency prior to committing to the load for any specific safety policies or instructions. Always have personal protective equipment in the truck and inspect it regularly.
- Substitute chips, candy and fast food with things like fruits, vegetables, nuts
- Choose baked options and menu items with reduced fat and lower sodium
- Exercise. Even if you cannot make it to a gym, walking is a great way to burn
calories and helps clear your mind
- Safety glasses, reflective vests, steel-toed boots and hard hats are basic items
a commercial driver should carry
- Stay clear of heavy machinery surrounding the loading area
- Be sure you have taken ample safety measures before removing securement equipment
from the load
Keep your eyes open for security threats and be aware of your surroundings at all times. A complete list of security procedures can be found on
For more information, please contact: