As a professional driver, you know the importance of trusting your vehicle while you’re on the road. Keeping up with routine maintenance on your vehicle means you start and end every trip safely.
Things to Keep in Mind When Planning Your Trip:
Proper trip planning will reduce claims and accidents. It will also allow you to focus on your driving rather than trying to manage the many other responsibilities you have that go along with being an owner-operator.
- Communicate with the agent.
- Make sure you have enough Hours of Service available before taking the load.
- Directions to the customer: Name, address, and phone number to shipper and consignee.
- Make sure you have necessary equipment to transport/secure the load. Ask for a description of the freight.
- Conduct a thorough pre-trip inspection. A thorough pre-trip includes reviewing the previous post-trip inspection to make sure that any discrepancies have been corrected.
- Adjust your mirrors properly before every trip to help reduce blind spots.
- Check the “Trip Planning” tab on www.landstaronline.com for current weather, road construction information and double check maps.
- Map your route in advance, while always having a backup plan. Make sure to include many places to stop and rest.
Make safety the number one priority on every load.
For more information, please contact: